Sunday, February 04, 2007

The spirit is moving!

Had things gone otherwise I would have entitled this blog "Stage Fright"!!
We had a great concert. The gospel singers were really concentrated and had revised their parts like crazy. They made a real effort at different nuances and I am very proud of them. Likewise, the gospel song with the main choir was very joyful and everyone got their notes this time!

The only quack was my introduction when I used the word "ressuscitation" instead of "resurrection". I am sure I have heard this used in bible study here in France but everyone thought it sounded more like First Aid than gospel so I shall strike it from my vocabulary forthwith!

Some interesting people were very complimentary about our performance. A gospel choir director had come especially to hear us and a musicologist wants to do some work together. It seems like our little experiment has set a few things rolling. Hope I have the stamina to keep all my balls in the air at the same time.

Meanwhile, next meeting is 15th February, so we'll have to try and build up our repertory, and maybe think of a name! Any suggestions?

Gospella


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home