Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year

This is a quick blog to wish all gospellers a very happy 2007.

Also, it's a quick update on our village choir's rendition of "I'm Gonna Wait On The Lord" (see previous blog). In short it was a disaster. We had rehearsed it before our concert and I'd gone over the bass part in detail (even though the choir has been singing this song for a year now!)I don't know why they find it so difficult to memorise a part, it's the same with the latest song I'm trying to teach them. ("Bless The Lord")
But come the moment to sing it on stage and the tenors completely lost it. They never managed to get their starting note and sang more and more loudly out of key. I was sure they'd catch up somehow as there are at least two musicians among them, but no it kept getting worse. The bass singers, seeing my disarray just stopped singing completely!
Lesson learned for me : make absolutely sure everyone has their note before starting (I had given it to them but they lost it somewhere along the way).
We'd better all buck up our ideas if we're going to share in the February gala concert as planned!

Iffy news for 2007, I may have to have a tonsillectomy. I am concerned about the effect on my voice and also the long recuperation time needed at my age. (Helpful comments and prayers welcome!)But time now for a litle partying first!

So, I shall end this as I started, by wishing you a very happy year, full of the joy of the spirit and much gospel to nourish the soul.
Praise the Lord.
Gospella

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home