Thursday, March 06, 2008

Post-poning!!

Hi all,
I have been trying to think of ways to post extracts from our February concert so that you can see how we're progressing. Unfortunately, it seems impossible to upload audio files (anyone out there know how/if it can be done??).

I have a video disc (késako??) but it needs editing : I can't possibly upload 45 minutes of other people singing! Also the films lack the beginning (and sometimes the ends!) of the songs. I don't seem to be able to edit this video disc (VCD) with Windows Movie Maker : again...anyone out there have any ideas??
I have also asked my choristers if anyone has any photos of our performance! Not a dicky bird! It's all quite disappointing. The audio files are very good and excellent quality too. I wish could attach them. The only thing I can think of doing is to give you our new (and much unused!) Myspace link to have a listen to "Help Me Find The Way".

http://www.myspace.com/akwagospel

That way you can at least have a listen. The site is pretty bare : but until I have something to pad it out I can't do much about that!

REJOICE!

The other gospel choir I sing with had a big concert last Saturday and it went very well. Despite some agitation on my part the couple of days beforehand I felt very relaxed and had a blast singing. I enjoyed myself so much (thanks notably to the excellent performances of the soloists Lurine Cato, Fab27 and Kevon as well as the detailed direction of Erwan and Taia (names unchanged for publicity purposes and because I can't think of them as 'Edward and Tina'!!!) that all throat tension seemed to disappear and I got out all those high notes I've been worried about.

Unfortunately the acoustics in the hall were appalling and the sound mix not particularly good. Once again, I couldn't really hear myself and so when I watched a video extract of the concert I heard myself quite distinctly and not really pleasantly! Ach!

The evening was full of the spirit of God. I'm sure it carried Lurine who was there despite being bereaved, and her selfless performance made the whole thing very emotional. I saw my own family members, who never get very excited about me singing usually, up on their feet and clapping their hands. I had a whale of a time. I made some mistakes but hey!

Next stop for Rejoice will be a gig all to themselves in April. Between now and then I have to learn all the back catalogue of repertoire and have my wisdom teeth removed! (Thus putting an end to my constant throat infections I hope.) Fun ahead then.

Next week, Akwa-Gospel meet again to perfect our current performance and also to start on songs for the July wedding. We need to keep learned songs fresh too as I'd like us to be able to stand alone in a concert eventually.

Love and blessings,
Gospella

2 Comments:

At 12:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

 
At 9:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Certainly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home